51

51

Wednesday

Only one destination

Heading for home today, I switched off the radio rather than listen to wall to wall coverage of the State funeral of Saint Margaret (OK, I know it wasn't technically a State funeral, but you get the point) and reached for the MP3 player.  And up came this little, rather appropriate, gem...

The Final Taxi

I have no idea why that won't load as a video, so here's a more recent official Wreckless video, courtesy of the man himself

 

For a more pointed response to us coughing up an alleged £10million for the whole business, you could do worse than go here for Pete Wylie's take on it all.


I once saw Pete Wylie recording a radio session - he had on a huge pair of cufflinks that were rattling around so much the engineer had to ask him to take them off 'cos they were so noisy when recording...


Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Pete Wylie, the man with the loudest cufflinks in rock 'n' roll!

And that completes one of the more bizarre posts I've managed on this blog - or anywhere else for that matter.  There's been a lot of articles written about the Thatcher funeral today, but I'm thinking this might be the only one to bring in Wreckless Eric and Pete Wylie's cufflinks.

Unless of course, you know different...

No comments: